Kulicke & Soffa Wafer Saw
The Kulicke and Soffa 780 dicing saw is a back-end processing tool for cutting wafers or substrates, typically silicon or quartz, into smaller pieces or chips for packaging or further processing. Some of the features of this tool are:
- Integrated semi-automatic computer controlled precision saw. It is menu driven, with a multi-axis cutting stage with automatic indexing.
- Employs an extremely thin diamond impregnated cutting wheel with water cooling. The two inch wheel is mounted on an air spindle which is driven at speeds up to 32,000 rpm.
- The chuck accepts up to 6" diameter wafers.
- Video monitor for online inspection and alignment.
- Capable of cutting a wide variety of materials such as silicon, quartz, metal coated substrates, glass, ceramics and sapphire.
Cutting a Solar Cell